Search This Blog

Sunday 9 August 2015

Primary Teaching Bloggers Ireland - Blog Hop

Hi, I'm delighted to be part of the Primary Teaching Bloggers Ireland first ever blog hop! 

We've decided to get together and help one another to share our ideas and resources and to help you easily find resources specifically for the Irish classroom. 


A huge thanks to Emer over at A Crucial Week for organising this. Pop over to her page and check out all the blogs that are involved or if you have a blog why not join in? All the details are on her page :)




Tell us a little bit about yourself and your teaching experience:
I'm Ro and I am living in Limerick at the moment but have taught in many Munster counties over the last few years. I've been teaching since 2009 and have always loved art. I plan to start a Masters in the Arts and Education in 2016!

What class level are your resources/ideas aimed at?
I try to share ideas that can be adapted to suit all class levels. A lot of my ideas I have used in junior classes but that's not to say a more senior class couldn't give it a go! I am always on the look out for ideas so please feel free to share anything you have tried and think works really well :)

What made you want to start blogging?
I have followed other Irish bloggers like Miss Mernagh for the last few years as well as some teachers across the Atlantic like The First Grade Parade and Deep Space Sparkle. They shared so many great ideas and tips which were invaluable for a newly qualified teacher. I love teaching art and creating resources for my class and so in June 2015 I decided to give blogging a go! It is still early days but I have great plans so watch this space!

Would you advise other Irish teachers to start a blog?
Definitely! I think it is great to have so many Irish Teachers blogging and sharing all their ideas. We each have our own unique experiences and interests, so why not share these. 

What's your favourite free resource that you have shared?

I shared some 'Dog' themed art lesson plans in June that I love. These lessons always look very effective as well as being really enjoyable.





What's your favourite paid resource that you have shared?
I haven't shared any paid resources as yet! Keep an eye out on Facebook and here for some more free resources soon. 

Ro :)

No comments:

Post a Comment