Search This Blog

Thursday 12 November 2015

Iora Rua (Red Squirrel)

Red Squirrel 

* Iora Rua *

(Fonn: Frére Jacques)

Iora Rua,
Iora Rua.
Suas, Suas, Suas,
Suas, Suas, Suas.
Bailigh na cnónna,
Bailigh na cnónna.
Tar anuas,
Tar anuas.


The days are getting colder and that has me thinking about our birds and wildlife, in particular the red squirrel.

Red squirrels do not hibernate, but are less active on the coldest days in winter. They spend most of their time in the trees and are very shy.    

Squirrels remind me of visits to my grandparents, where the squirrels would come up to their kitchen window for food. 

I saw this article on creating a squirrel collage by Chris Naughton. I'm a bit fan of his books so can't wait to give this idea ago. 

All you need is paper, glue and lots of scrap paper (magazines, old wrapping paper, newspapers, cardboard, etc). A great way to remind kids to reduce, reuse and recycle!


No comments:

Post a Comment